Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Another room I've been working on a lot lately is our living room. About 6 months ago I painted it a green that I just love, I call it my happy color, moved the hutch into the dining room, and then found curtains that look great in it. Again, I had a big wall that needed something done with it. I had a small IKEA cabinet on it but it was too small for the wall so I shopped my house and took a dresser from our entry way. I then shopped the dollar store and bought a bunch of frames, spray painted them the same color, and made a photo wall.

Here's how the room looked before, the color doesn't translate well over the computer but it's Village Green from Menard's-a bright cheery green with almost yellowish undertones.
And after...


My PSA for the day: be careful when opening frames from the dollar store! I was putting my wall together and taking the back off a stubborn frame and it slipped and took a chunck out of my thumb-YOUCH! It has healed back together but I think I did bone or nerve damage because the darn thing still hurts. And to add injury to insult, I got a burn from the oven right on top of it.

Beware of frames!

I also put together a cute little picture wall. The top is a hand tinted antique photo that Russ and I bought in Hawaii when we were there for our wedding, the toile I found at an occasional sale in a nearby town for $6 (a bit more than I would have like to pay but I couldn't leave empty-handed), and the little strawberry print I found at the Salvation Army for .99. You can also see my pretty pink checked curtains.Things are coming together and I'm finally feeling more at home in this house after living here for 2 years. The little touches really do make a big impact!

0 comments: