Monday, June 1, 2009

Monday's Treasures



Rhonda, over at Southern Hospitality, one of the blogs I frequent, has a link party called "Thrifty Treasure's". I anxiously await reading what everyone has found over the weekend and getting so many great ideas. This week, I finally get to join in myself!

The kids and I hit the road for some sales on Thursday. There were some advertised neighborhood sales in a city about a half hour away that said "50+" sales. I was debating driving all the way there, but we ended up close to it in our quest for sales so figured what the heck. It's much easier taking 3 kids out of the car and being able to walk to a bunch of sales than getting them in and out every couple of miles again, and again, and again. (Sale-ing was so much easier with 1)

So we headed over to the supposedly huge sales and it was a bust. Yes, 50 sales, but what the ad neglected to mention was that they were spread out over a huge area with no more than 2 sales next to each other in the whole thing. Needless to say, we didn't hit many. Not much luck for me either but the kids found a couple more bags of small toys for .10-.25 and you know how much we were needing those! ; )

Saturday morning I headed out by my glorious self for an hour or so. Had a bit better luck this time. I included the previous week's finds in my picture because I got a couple things I love that week.Here's what I got;
The large empty frame-Free
*not sure what I'm going to do with it yet. I'm thinking maybe painted with and hanging it around some rub on wall words

The ugly-for-now wood upholstered bench-$1.50
*I plan on painting it and recovering it in a pretty fabric, maybe toile, for the bedroom.

The small hallway table-.50
*again, paint (black I think) and putting it in a little nook in our front hall

Stone candle holder-.25

Chandelier that I just love-$5
*this came with all the glass bowls for the lights but I'm going to find some pretty fabric shades for it and replace the standard builder light fixture in our dining room

Couple of books for me-$3 total

Brand new set of wood stringing beads for the boys-$1.50

A Gymboree onesie for BabyCakes-.25

A Mini Boden shirt for BabyCakes-$4
*that is way more than I usually ever spend on garage sale clothes but, hey, it's Mini Boden! I just couldn't pass it up.
Grand total for all: $16 in the 2 weeks of sales. Not too shabby!

5 comments:

★Carol★ said...

All great finds, especially that chandy for $5!

Helen Joy said...

I'm in love with that light fixture! It's so simple and beautiful and I think framing words would be such a great idea!

BBV said...

a mini boden tee is always worth getting out early in the morning!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Good finds & I adore that chandy! That was the best deal of all. Thanks for joining the party today.

CJ'SMOMMY*KIMBERLY said...

WOW a mini boden tee!!!! I wish I could score some finds like that! I would give $4 for mini boden any day.