Monday, June 8, 2009

Today's Thrifty Treasures



Monday, time for another Thrifty Treasure day over at Rhoda's! Make sure to head over to see what everyone else found.

On Thursday the boys and I headed out to a neighborhood just a mile up the road that was having their annual neighborhood sales. I was so looking forward to a good day of garage-saling and being able to just put the kiddos in the sling and stroller and walk. Like every year, we had a lot of good luck.

The former model home must have been sold fully furnished because the new owners were selling all of the things that used to be in it. They had a darling western/cowboy themed bedroom in there and all of that was for sale. Goober no longer has a cowboy room, but man, I drooled over that stuff when it was in the model! I did find two plate server thingies, pretty sure that's the technical name, at the sale for $3 each. I'll hang those on my dining room wall when they're not being used. The little yellow dip bowl came from another sale and cost me $1.
At another sale I found this candle holder for .75 to hold our citronella candle out on the patio table. I was too lazy to go out in the cold rain to bring it in for a picture. I got this wall hanger for .50 that I plan to spray paint black.

I also found a walker toy for BabyCakes for $1 and a pair of shorts for him for .10 at the same house.

One of my favorite finds were these vases from Pottery Barn. They were $3 for the pair.
I found this super cute coupon and grocery list holder for .50 and these baskets as well. The larger one was $1 and I think I'll paint it. The other one was .50.
I also found several tops for myself and some clothes for all 4 kids but didn't take photos of those. We were out shopping from 9am-2pm so a long, but successful day!

4 comments:

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Great finds!!!! :)

Kate said...

Wow! You got some great deals!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

You found some really nice things!

Manuela

joyh82 said...

great deal on that citronella candle holder. You found a lot on your trip out.