Monday, January 4, 2010

365 Days

The fact that I signed on to this blog today to still see my 4th of July layout goes to show how good I've been at keeping up with it. Oops. But that's all about to change! A friend of mine is doing a new blog where she does a post with a photo every day for the year. I'm borrowing her idea and doing the same because, you know, I really need something to add to my daily to do list. ; ) But I think it will help keep me accountable. And since it's already January 4th, it'll technically be 361 days but who's counting?
I'll start with a quick recap of the holidays. We had a great Christmas and New Year's despite having one of the largest Christmas snowstorms in history. It snowed for (I think) 4 days and we got close to 20 inches. Because of the weather, Ryan and Emily weren't able to come up for Christmas Eve but my Dad still came and we had a nice, relaxing couple of days snowed in the house.

Christmas Day we celebrated Elijah's birthday-my little boy is 4 years old now. He got to pick the meals for the day and we had cinnamon rolls, fruit salad and oatmeal for breakfast, mac and cheese for lunch and mac and cheese bake for dinner. Kid loves his mac and cheese! We had fun decorating a Christmas tree cake for him with all kinds of yummy candy.

On New Year's Eve we had a family party at home. I'm not into going out and driving around on New Year's with all of the drunk people out and, besides, there's no one else I'd rather bring in the year with than my 4 favorite boys! We got pizza, played the Wii and watched the ball drop with noisemakers. Isaac decided we should dress up for the party so we all chose some fancy outfits to wear. Eli, who loves to be naked, compromised with a tie "but no shrit!" I'll take what I can get!
















I didn't think he'd make it, but Elijah stayed up until the end (just barely) and we toasted to a happy 2010 with some kid wine.



Here's to a fantastic year full of blog updates!

0 comments: