Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I was planning on posting tonight about a very cool project I'm going to do, but alas, it didn't happen. My sweet Sammy is sick tonight and only wanted to be held until he fell asleep. I have a hard time focusing on much when my babies are sick, I get too preoccupied with how they're doing, so I wasn't in the mood for crafting.


SO....instead I'll share what turned out to be a big hit. I went treasure hunting at the Goodwill this afternoon as the decorating bug has bit me big time lately. I didn't have a ton of luck on that end (although I did find a cool lamp I'm going to paint for only 2.99) but I did find a present for Russ. They had new-in-the-box conditioning vests that hold 20lbs. I had never heard of such a thing before but, since it had to do with working out, I figured Russ might like it so I bought it for a little surprise gift.
He's never mentioned wanting one so I thought I might end up returning it but no siree! He was totally excited to get it! Apparently, he's wanted one for quite some time and has even put one in his shopping cart before but could never bring himself to spend the $50 that they usually cost. Yep...$50!! And just guess how much I spent on it? If you guessed $9.99 you're absolutely right! Even better is the fact that he's worn it all night and keeps saying how excited he is to finally have one and how much he loves it. Now that's what I call a great deal.

Sorry for the crappy picture, my camera wasn't liking the reflective strips. Oh, and wave hi to Diego there in the background!

0 comments: