Sunday, June 21, 2009

Getting a head start on my Monday Treasure post.

I found a couple great things at sales this week. The Teen is off of school now so she came along to hunt down bargains and help me with the boys. Oh my, what a difference having her extra set of hands makes! We had a very fun morning together and each and every one of us found some treasures.

My big finds were this shelf that I'm going to hang in the bathroom whenever that gets painted~not sure when that'll be since I despise painting bathrooms and have been putting it off for 2 years now but maybe the shelf will be my motivation?
This plate rack is something I've been searching sales for and was so excited to find it, at $1 no less! Now I'm on the hunt for some pretty plates to use on it.
I almost didn't get this picture as it was going to take almost all the cash I had on me but decided to at the last minute and I'm so glad I did. It has all the colors of my house in it and it just makes me happy to look at it.

And finally, one of my favorite finds~this pretty paisley oil bottle that I put dish soap in. It's nothing big, but just having such a pretty bottle to use when I do dishes makes the job a bit more enjoyable. It's the simple things that make a big difference.
Shelf-$2
Plate Rack-$1
Picture-$4
Oil Bottle-$1

Grand total-$8!

Be sure to check out the treasures others found over at Rhoda's.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

fun stuff! love the little shelf-thing.

Courtney said...

Great finds! I love that shelf and the plate stand!

Unknown said...

What great finds! I love the plate stand and the beautiful bottle! The picture is so pretty!

Thanks for sharing!

Tina

ThriftyAnnabella said...

Great buys

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Love your shelf & you're right about the little things.

The Tattered Cottage said...

Great finds...I love the shelf and I know what you mean about painting bathrooms...I finally painted mine, but, still haven't finished decorating it :)
Toni