Monday, June 1, 2009

My darling husband has a not so darling subwoofer that he simply loves and will not get rid of. I think it's what makes the house shake when he turns the surround sound on, I'm not sure. All I know is that it's a big ugly black box-quite large-that takes up a whole corner of the family room. I've lived with that thing being a decorating thorn in my side for years now.

Recently, I got the idea to find a short, square table to set it on, then cover them both with a tablecloth to disguise it so off the the Goodwill I went. What I found was even better. It's like it was custom made for ugly subwoofers. And being that it was only $5, I snatched it right up, hoping the dimensions were right. I also found a scrap of pink plaid fabric for .99 to layer on top.

After the Goodwill trip, the hubby and I stopped off at Wal-Mart where I found some cheap fabric for the rest of the tablecloth and we headed home to try it out. Huge success! The woofer fit perfectly inside and this looks much prettier than an ugly black box, don't you think?
The black box hidden in there, I even have space on top for some baby floor blankets...

I found the white vases and bowls at the Salvation Army and wanted to fill them with succulants but am having a hard time finding them. Home Depot had some fairly sorry looking ones for $8 a pop so my bowls still sit empty. And I didn't even hem (or glue since I don't sew) the fabric either but, like Nester says, "It doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful". Gosh, I love that motto!

2 comments:

Emily Nicole said...

I just across your blog and really enjoyed reading it. Thanks for the cheerful background as well. So much color! I use to have that as my background but, I changed it awhile ago. I hope to drop by again soon! You are welcome to check my blog out...Here is the link, just in case. :) www.practicallypink.blogspot.com

Love In Christ,
Emily

Emily Nicole said...

*came across