Sunday, June 21, 2009

It's been about a month since I planted my first garden and it's not doing too bad! The kids and I enjoy checking on it daily and seeing how much our seedlings have grown.

The peas are doing really well.
The tomatoes are getting big too. I need to stake them.
My eggplant is doing well and you can see a watermelon plant beside it. That's still a little small, but maybe it's right where it should be? At least it's still alive!

And my lone zucchini plant is growing too. The one that Goober plucked didn't make it. I was bummed since that's my favorite and the one I was hoping to get the most harvest from, but hopefully my remaining one will produce well.Drama King finally had a spot to put his Garden Spider home so now he's anxiously waiting for a spider to take up residence and watch some web spinning. I'm not sure how excited I am to have a spider so close to where I'll be gardening but I guess I'll grin and bear it for the sake of learning. Besides, the box said spiders were good at keeping away garden pests.

0 comments: